Located within Ontario, Canada, the city of Mississauga is located in the Greater Toronto metropolitan area.
In Mississauga, around 40% of dwellings are single detached homes, and the remaining homes are mainly large apartment buildings and townhouses. This city has a good choice of housing size options, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Roughly 70% of the population of this city own their home and the remainder are renters. This city did not experience a single building boom; the construction of new homes in Mississauga was spread throughout multiple decades in the twentieth and twenty-first century.
Mississauga is an extraordinarily good part of the Greater Toronto metropolitan area for driving. The majority of properties for sale are a rather short car ride from the nearest highway, such as Highway 427, and it is straightforward to park. On the other hand, Mississauga is not especially transit friendly. Nevertheless, residents benefit from the Lisgar Station, Clarkson Station and Erindale Station on the Kitchener Line, Milton Line, Lakeshore West Line and Union Pearson Express Line. House owners are served by over 100 bus lines, and bus stops are not very far away from most houses. Mississauga is not especially conducive to walking because few common errands can be run on foot. In contrast, it is easy to travel by bike in Mississauga because this city is home to a fairly good cycling infrastructure.
Families will welcome that no matter where their home is situated in this city, primary schools are nearby. However, families may find it difficult for their children to reach high schools on foot. Apart from public schools, there are private elementary and secondary schools. In terms of eating, home buyers in Mississauga will be pleased to learn that a grocery store is always only a rather short walk away. Additionally, a restaurant is commonly just around the corner, for instance on Eglinton Avenue, and there are also over 300 coffee shops in Mississauga. It is also a reasonably short walk to a decent variety of clothing stores.
The character of Mississauga is exemplified by its relaxed ambience. Most areas in this part of the Greater Toronto metropolitan area are quiet, as the streets are generally reasonably tranquil - although that is not the case near one of the railway lines, Highway 401, Queen Elizabeth Way or the airport (YYZ). Finally, there are over 600 parks nearby for residents to explore, including Centennial Park and Derry West Greenbelt, resulting in them being easy to access from most locations within Mississauga.
Royal LePage has complete real estate listings across Canada. Use the search box to find a home or click a listing below to view Canadian homes for sale.
- new listing$999,900#6c -928 Queen St WMississauga, ON
- new listing$975,0004074 Barbican DrMississauga, ON
- new listing$799,000#2703 -3985 Grand Park DrMississauga, ON
- new listing$2,149,9995174 Buttermill CrtMississauga, ON
- new listing$1,799,8883656 Sawmill Valley DrMississauga, ON
- Open House$1,699,900581 Matisse PlMississauga, ON
- new listing$1,399,0004249 Flitter CrtMississauga, ON
- new listing$1,349,9003663 Shadbush CrtMississauga, ON
- new listing$1,299,0001054 Roosevelt RdMississauga, ON
- new listing$1,299,0007219 Dishley CrtMississauga, ON
- new listing$999,9006c-928 Queen Street WMississauga, ON
- new listing$999,7865344 Bullrush DrMississauga, ON
- new listing$909,9006335 Martel CrtMississauga, ON
- new listing$849,900#121 -5980 Whitehorn AveMississauga, ON
- new listing$799,0004188 Sunflower DrMississauga, ON
- new listing$799,000#4 -7370 Bramalea RdMississauga, ON
- new listing$749,0003122 Churchill AveMississauga, ON
- new listing$715,008#209 -3170 Erin Mills PkwyMississauga, ON
- new listing$649,999#1816 -4055 Parkside Village DrMississauga, ON
- new listing$625,000#1508 -966 Inverhouse DrMississauga, ON