Winnipeg is a city located within Manitoba, Canada.
Single detached homes are the predominant housing type, representing most dwellings in Winnipeg, whereas the rest are mainly large apartment buildings and small apartment buildings. Roughly one third of properties in this city were built pre-1960, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s. This city is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Homeowners occupy roughly two thirds of the dwellings in the city and the rest are rented.
This city is an extremely good part of the Greater Winnipeg metropolitan area for getting around by car. Many homes for sale are a short drive from the closest highway, such as Perimeter Highway, and it is very convenient to access a parking spot. However, the public transit network in Winnipeg is not very convenient. Thankfully, the city is linked by over 50 bus lines, and bus stops are usually nearby. Winnipeg is not particularly suitable for walking because carrying out daily needs is difficult on foot.
Parents and their kids will find that wherever their home is located in Winnipeg, both primary and secondary schools are close by. Residents benefit from public and private schools at both the elementary and secondary school level. However, parents and their children may consider it difficult to reach daycares as a pedestrian. With respect to eating, it is easy to get to the nearest grocery store on foot in this city. Over 450 supermarkets are situated nearby, and the best selection can be found on streets such as Marion Street. There are also a limited number of options for those who appreciate restaurants and cafes in close proximity.
The character of Winnipeg is exemplified by its relaxed ambience. This city is quiet, as there tend to be low levels of noise from traffic - although that is not the case near the airport (YWG), Perimeter Highway or one of the railway lines. Finally, a lot of locations within the city have fairly good access to green spaces, like Maple Grove Park and Assiniboine Forest, since there are over 1200 of them close by for residents to discover.
Royal LePage has complete real estate listings across Canada. Use the search box to find a home or click a listing below to view Canadian homes for sale.
- new listing$699,900954 Weatherdon AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$439,00021 Thelon WayWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$374,900488 Lindsay StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$319,900162 Hammond RdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$319,90023 Taunus DrWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$279,90025 St Thomas RdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$269,900580 Carlaw AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$259,90083 Fuga BayWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$229,900322-1090 Devonshire DrWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$179,9993-50 Paddington RdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$119,000716 Home StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$109,900471 Lipton StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$799,900420 Campbell StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$409,90026 Brentlawn BlvdWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$324,90084 Meadow Gate DrWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$319,9991075 Palmerston AveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$299,900436 Inglewood StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$259,90027 Jameswood DriveWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$199,900733 Goulding StWinnipeg, MB
- new listing$149,900283 Magnus AveWinnipeg, MB