Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $259,900 property in Pleasant Valley
This 11 year old Dow & Duggan log home with cottage sits on 11 acres of seclusion with 700+ feet on Rocky Brook Lake and surrounded by forest. This property is just 20 minutes to Sheet Harbour where most of your day-to-day shopping will take place. The log home sits at one side of the property and your own private cottage sits on the lakeside accessible by the old Hwy on this property. The log home was completed in 2008/2009 and features a McQuay GeoThermal heating system which which is connected to a closed loop system submerged in your pond located on this property. This system has a COP of 5 which means you pay for only one-fifth of your heating or cooling according to its specs. The kitchen features custom wood cabinetry, granite tile worktops and features a porcelain coated cast iron kitchen...just like our mother's had. The open dining room, living room with one bedroom rounds off this level and there is access to the single car attached garage from inside the home. There are two additional bedrooms on the upper level and each bedroom has its own set of stairs with its own bathroom. The master bedroom is large and has its own walkout to a private balcony with a master bath that features a cast iron claw foot tub for you to enjoy. The property has a drilled well and a backup dug well that both service the house, switchable from inside the house. On the lakeside you have a private cottage and the lake, while shallow, is ideal for kayaking, canoeing and early season swimming and with the abundant wildlife showcases Nova Scotia at its best. This area would make for a wonderful year round home or a seasonal cottage that is designed by and with all materials supplied by Dow and Duggan. This property is still a very young home and is very appealing to those who love the log home aesthetic…and it won’t disappoint. Tremendous value to be had with this lakefront cottage and home on 11 acres. You’ll see!
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Appliances Included: Range - Electric, Dryer - Electric, Washer, Refrigerator
- Basement: Crawl Space
- Building Style: 1.5 Storey
- Built in: 2009
- Driveway/Parking: Gravel
- Exterior Finish: Log
- Features: Balcony
- Floor Space (approx): 1026 Square Feet
- Flooring: Slate, Softwood
- Foundation: Concrete
- Fuel Type: nsar_table_fueltype_lkp_1_96*, Electric
- Heating/Cooling Type: Forced Air, Furnace
- Land Features: Partially Cleared, Partial Landscaped, Softwood Bush, Wooded/Treed
- Lot Size: 479,160 sq. ft. (11.0 acres)
- Property Size: 10 to 49.99 Acres
- Rental Equipment: None
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Sewage Disposal: Septic
- Structures: Deck, Dock
- Title to Land: Freehold
- Utilities: Electricity, High Speed Internet, Telephone, Other
- Water Frontage: Lake
- Water Source: Drilled Well, Dug
- Garage: Attached, Single, Wired
- Kitchen Main Level 9' x 11'
- Dining Main Level 11' x 7'
- Living Main Level 15' x 12'
- Bedroom Main Level 9' x 9'
- Primary Bedroom 2nd Level 11'10 x 15'
- Bathroom 2nd Level 3PC - 7' x 9'
- Bedroom 2nd Level 8' x 15'
- Bathroom 2nd Level 3PC - 7' x 5'
- Other Main Level Garage - 11'6 x 19'9
Courtesy of: ViewPoint Realty
Data provided by: Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS® 68 Highfield Park Drive, Suite 112, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3A 0E4
All information displayed is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations are made of any kind. Copyright© 2021 All Rights Reserved
Access to Sold Data on this website may only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of residential real estate.