Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $549,900 property in Amherst
Situated on the Nova Scotia/New Brunswick border, this sandstone residence is one of the last on the East Coast. Originally commissioned as a wedding gift and known as Beau Séjour (Beautiful Home), it has previously been used as a rental property with several units. Now a single family home, sitting on 0.74 acres, the current family has renovated with the hopes of a potential B & B. With “better than Toronto” high speed internet, the business potential is endless - B & B, tea room, medical office... Since 2016 the house has been extensively renovated: re-wired with smoke detectors to code, two new, commercial grade furnaces installed and converted to gas, new Wildwood-designed kitchen/pantry/laundry, upgraded waterline, kitchen/bathrooms to PEX piping, majority of hardwood floors professionally restored, plaster restored, ceilings replaced — just a few off the list. Attention to detail has been foremost from “to code” push button switches with mother of pearl buttons to sending original bathtub taps to Oregon for repair. Old world charm from stained glass windows, hardwood floors with inlay, original hat boxes, amazing wood wainscoting & trim work to the grand staircase stealing the show. The main floor offers formal living room with stained glass windows, library with a stunning marble fireplace, built-ins and fantastic woodwork, family room with fireplace, stained glass windows and turret, an impressive formal dining room with an original built-in china cabinet, boxed ceilings and doorway to the screened in porch. Heading toward the back of the home you will find the renovated kitchen/pantry/laundry room. An office and full bathroom finish off the main floor.The beautiful woodwork continues upstairs where you will find 4 guest bedrooms, 2 with ensuites (one partially finished), master bedroom with fireplace, turret and large ensuite, started but not finished, and a full guest bathroom. The 3rd floor is a 2 bedroom apartment that's under construction.
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 3
- Basement: Full, Undeveloped
- Building Style: 3 Storey
- Built in: 115
- Community Features: Golf Course, Park, Playground, Recreation Center, Shopping, nsar_table_comntyftrs_lkp_1_1433*
- Documents on File: Floor Plan
- Driveway/Parking: Paved
- Exterior Finish: Stone
- Features: Ensuite Bath, Wood Fireplace
- Floor Space (approx): 6529 Square Feet
- Flooring: Ceramic, Hardwood
- Foundation: Concrete, Stone
- Fuel Type: Electric, Natural Gas
- Heating/Cooling Type: Hot Water, Radiator
- Land Features: Cleared, Landscaped, Partially Fenced
- Lot Size: 32410.13 SqFt
- Property Size: 0.5 to 0.99 Acres
- Rental Equipment: None
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Sewage Disposal: Municipal
- Structures: Deck, Patio, Shed
- Title to Land: Freehold
- Utilities: Cable, Electricity, High Speed Internet, Natural Gas, Telephone
- Water Source: Municipal
- Garage: None
- Foyer Main Level 24' x 16'
- Living Main Level 13'11" x 18'2"
- Other Main Level Library 12'10" x 15'7"
- Living Main Level 22'2" x 18'2"
- Dining Main Level 24'3" x 14'10"
- Other Main Level Pantry 12'3" x 7'6"
- Kitchen Main Level 12'11" x 14'2"
- Laundry Main Level 6'9" x 7'9"
- Den Main Level 11'8" x 10'2"
- Bathroom Main Level 9'9" x 8'3"
- Bedroom 2nd Level 12'11" x 13'
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 6'5" x 6'7"
- Bedroom 2nd Level 15'10" x 15'11"
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 6'7" x 4'10"
- Primary Bedroom 2nd Level 18'9" x 24'2"
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 12'11" x 13'
- Bedroom 2nd Level 14'11" x 16'7"
- Bedroom 2nd Level 19'5" x 12'1"
- Bathroom 2nd Level 10'9" x 9'11"
- Kitchen 3rd Level 10'10" x 11'2"
- Dining 3rd Level 13'5" x 9'11"
- Living 3rd Level 12'8" x 15'5"
- Bathroom 3rd Level 18'1" x 13'10"
- Bedroom 3rd Level 16'7" x 13'8"
- Bedroom 3rd Level 19'3" x 14'4"
Courtesy of: RE/MAX County Line Realty Ltd.
Data provided by: Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS® 68 Highfield Park Drive, Suite 112, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3A 0E4
All information displayed is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations are made of any kind. Copyright© 2021 All Rights Reserved
Access to Sold Data on this website may only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of residential real estate.