Prud'homme is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, located approximately 60 kilometres (37 miles) northeast of Saskatoon. Prud'homme was first known by the name of Bluebell Ranch, then Lally Siding. In 1905 the railroad came through and renamed it Marcotte's Crossing, two years later it became known as Howell, and finally in 1922 it was later named after the bishop Msgr. Joseph H. Prud'homme. The community is mostly based on agriculture.The population is mostly made up of Ukrainian, Hungarian, Polish and Fransaskois communities. French is widely spoken among many of the older generations. There has been an increase in French speakers among the youth due to the francophone school of École Providence, in the nearby town of Vonda.