Mistatim is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan located just to the north of Sk Hwy 3. Mistatim is 35 miles (56 km) east of the town of Tisdale and 40 miles (64 km) west of Hudson Bay. The Greenwater Lake Provincial Park is 30 miles (48 km) to the south. The village has its own village civic government within the rural municipal government of R.M. of Bjorkdale # 426 The Mistatim post office first opened in 1907 and closed down in 1914, to re-open in 1917. Mistatim Station post office was established in 1930, with a change of name to Mistatim in 1938. The early village was a settlement of Germans, Hungarians, French and Scots. Early surveying and settlement in the area was difficult in this heavily forested area without roads, and several muskeg areas could not be crossed until winter freeze up. Mistatim is located south of the Pasquia Forest Reserve, and north of the Porcupine Forest Reserve. The Cree word Mistatim literally translates to big dog, in reference to horses.73 (-18% from 2006)0.47 km² (0.18 sq mi)155 /km² (400 /sq mi) 89 (-14.4% from 2001)0.47 km² (0.18 sq mi)188.9 /km² (489 /sq mi)50.8 (M: 48.0, F: 54.8)104 (-8.8% from 1996)0.47 km² (0.18 sq mi)220.8 /km² (572 /sq mi)46.5 (M: 44.0, F: 51.0)As early as April 2, 1905 Mistatim Siding was located at SW 1/4 Section 15, Township 45, Range 10 West of the 2nd Meridian on the CNR railway. Mistatim was located on the Neepawa - Dauphin - Hudson Bay Junction - The Pas - Prince Albert - North Battleford CNR Branch Line. Mistatim was a station located at mile 436 between Bannock and Peesane. Passenger service via the CNR stopped in 1977. The Shaw railway was a private railway about 30 miles (48 km) long providing logging transportation. Access to Mistatim presently is via Sk Hwy 3 which underwent micro-resurfacing during the summer of 2008 for a length of 5 kilometres (3.1 mi).