Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $1,389,000 property in Montréal (Saint-Laurent)
Winner of the 2010 Emeritus price of Montreal Architectural Heritage. Welcome to 1595 Rue de l'Église , a cottage situated in the corner of de L'Eglise and Cardinal Street with 7300 sft of land. High ceilings, plaster crown molding reflecting the elegance and history of this stunning house. The façade (front entrance) is facing south east while the side of the house (kitchen, dinette) faces south west. There are five bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 powder room. Garage is tucked in the fenced landscape at the side of the house.
Winner of the 2010 Emeritus price of Montreal Architectural Heritage. Welcome to 1595 Rue de l'Église , a cottage situated in the corner of de L'Eglise and Cardinal Street with 7300 sft of land. High ceilings, plaster crown molding reflecting the elegance and history of this stunning house. The façade (front entrance) is facing south east while the side of the house (kitchen, dinette) faces south west.
As you enter the house, you will be greeted by charm and history along with its high 9-foot ceiling which enables the luminosity to dance around the house. To the left of the entrance, you will find the office which is immersed in the comfort of sun rays all along the day. In the living room, there are bay windows, a faux fireplace, and an open concept path that leads to the dining area adorned with cherry wood floors.
Kitchen has heated ceramic floors, granite counter tops, marble backsplash, cherrywood cabinets and a spacious dinette area which accommodates family congregation, quick gathering for meals and morning paper reading before leaving for the day. Adjacent to the dinette is the butler's pantry full of cabinets and storage and a powder room.
The oak stairwells lead to the second floor where locates a master bedroom facing South East and two others with windows at two corners. There is a full bathroom with heated floors; shower and a clawfoot tub.
In the basement, the floors are made of bamboo and there is a full bathroom, a living room (bedroom) and gym room.
Close to Vanier College and Saint Laurent
*École Montessori Ville-Marie
*Katimavik (Katimavik, Édifice Katimavik)
6 min walk to Du College Metro a bus stop(16,128)
Completely repointed brick 2015
Exterior paint completely redone 2015
Roof of garage and kitchen redone in 2014
Ground floor floors sandblasted and refinished in 2013
Roof 2013 10 year transferable warranty
Original baguette metal roof on the gallery, Gallery, exterior stairs, balustrades and wooden columns, all carefully restored (2008 to 2015)
Basement finished in 2009
New rear fence 2007, wood siding on the side fence refinished
Reinforced structure in the family room adjoining the kitchen to accommodate a possible second floor 2002
Basement dug in 2002 new slab and concrete foundation
Interior French drain 2002
Electricity redone 2002, 200 amp panel plus 100 amp panel
Plumbing redone in 2002
Complete insulation of the house (except original living room with moldings of plaster)2002
Insulation of the attic in 2002
Many walls on the house were repainted in 2021.
A new certificate of location is being ordered. It is scheduled to be delivered by mid July, 2022.
The current COL dated 2007 indicates that the immovable is not classified as a cultural building.
" Ne serait pas classé comme bien culturel et ne serait pas situé dans l'aire de protection d'un bien culturel classé en vertu de la Loi sur les biens culturels."
Inclusions: Fridge, gas stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer, dryer, lighting fixture, all blinds, ceiling fans, central vacuum, sofa bed in basement. All of the above are included without warranty of quality.
Exclusions : Chandelier in the living room. SELLER's personal belongings
- Style: Detached
- Distinctive Features: Street corner
- Equipment/Services: Central vacuum cleaner system installation, Central air conditioning, Air exchange system, Alarm system
- Foundation: Poured concrete
- Garage: Attached, Single width
- Lot: Landscaped
- Parking: Garage
- Proximity: CEGEP, Metro, Park, Bicycle path, Elementary school, High school, Public transportation
- Roofing: Sheet metal
- Siding: Brick
- Size: 20.13 x 13.15 METRE
- Heating Energy: Dual energy, Electricity, Natural gas
- Water Supply: Municipality
- Sewage System: Municipality
- Municipal Tax: $7,300
- School Tax: $896
- Annual Tax Amount: $8,196
- Lot Assessment: $455,600
- Building Assessment: $459,300
- Total Assessment: $914,900
- Bedrooms: 4+1
- Bathrooms: 2
- Half Bathrooms: 1
- Built in: 1914
- Lot Depth: 37.64 Metre
- Lot Frontage: 20.3 Metre
- Lot Size: 681.00 Square Metres
- Zoning: RESI
- No. of Parking Spaces: 1
- Foyer Ground Level 1.52 m x 4.57 m Flooring: Wood Note: Oak Wood stairs
- Living Ground Level 3.35 m x 5.18 m Flooring: Wood
- Dining Ground Level 3.35 m x 5.18 m Flooring: Wood
- Kitchen Ground Level 3.35 m x 3.66 m Flooring: Ceramic Note: Heated floor
- Family Ground Level 4.88 m x 4.57 m Flooring: Ceramic Note: garden access, gallery access
- Storage Ground Level 2.74 m x 1.52 m Flooring: Ceramic
- Bedroom Ground Level 3.35 m x 2.74 m Flooring: Wood
- Powder room Ground Level 1.52 m x 1.52 m Flooring: Ceramic
- Primary Bedroom 2nd Level 3.66 m x 5.49 m Flooring: Wood
- Bedroom 2nd Level 3.35 m x 3.35 m Flooring: Wood
- Bedroom 2nd Level 3.35 m x 3.35 m Flooring: Wood
- Bathroom 2nd Level 3.66 m x 2.13 m Flooring: Ceramic Note: Clawfoot bathtub
- Laundry 2nd Level 2.44 m x 1.52 m Flooring: Ceramic
- Bedroom Basement Level 3.35 m x 2.74 m Flooring: Other - Bamboo
- Family Basement Level 5.18 m x 6.10 m Flooring: Other - Bamboo
- Other Basement Level 3.66 m x 2.44 m Flooring: Ceramic
- Bathroom Basement Level 1.83 m x 2.74 m Flooring: Ceramic
- Workshop Basement Level 4.88 m x 3.05 m Flooring: Concrete
Convert Measurement to:
Courtesy of: Royal LePage du Quartier
Data provided by: Centris - 600 Ch Du Golf, Ile -Des -Soeurs, Quebec H3E 1A8
All information displayed is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations are made of any kind. Copyright© 2021 All Rights Reserved.