Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $759,000 property in Winsloe South
Welcome to a truly one of a kind, secluded property in beautiful South Winsloe! Step back in time as you journey up the long driveway passing through fields, forest and over a pond with a waterfall. Only then does this beautiful Island stone home come into view flanked by an oversized double-car garage, huge barn, workshop, outbuildings and an orchard featuring Cherry and fruit trees. This heritage property (without the heritage restrictions) has welcomed guests since 1834 when it served as a hotel for travelers going to north shore beaches. Pride of ownership and attention to detail have prevailed in this unique property. The home is built from Island stone quarried from the adjacent property and features hardwood and heart-of-pine flooring and soaring ceilings. An updated kitchen, dining room and family room greet guests and the oversized original windows provide sweeping views of the orchard and front patio. A free-standing propane fireplace keeps everyone cozy during cool Island weather. Across the center hall is the parlor with stunning cove molding, fireplace with insert and a leaded glass window overlooking the office which accesses another sun-filled room with skylights and a private deck. The updated main floor 3-piece bathroom features crisp white wainscoting and over-sized shower. The Front door has a Transom window over a beautiful Celtic-inspired stained glass window. Vintage light fixtures grace several rooms. Upstairs you'll find a bedroom and sitting area with deep-set half windows. a large primary bedroom with huge ensuite bath, Soaker tub and walk-in closet. A third bedroom and laundry room completes the second floor. A side porch provides access to the home. sunroom and a full stone basement with poured concrete floor. Propane furnace (2020) and a small wine cellar/brew room completes the basement. This historic property awaits you to continue the journey! All measurements are approximate and should be verified by the Purchaser.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Appliances Included: Central Vacuum, Range - Electric, Dishwasher, Dryer, Washer
- Basement: Full, Undeveloped
- Building Style: 2 Storey
- Built in: 1834
- Community Features: School Bus Service
- Driveway/Parking: Dirt, Gravel, Parking Spaces(s)
- Exterior Finish: Stone, Wood Siding
- Features: Central Vacuum, Ensuite Bath, Fireplace(s), Propane Fireplace
- Floor Space (approx): 3270 Square Feet
- Flooring: Ceramic, Hardwood, Softwood
- Foundation: Stone
- Fuel Type: Propane
- Heating/Cooling Type: Forced Air, Furnace
- Land Features: Partially Cleared, Landscaped, Level, Partially Fenced, Rolling, Softwood Bush, Stream/Pond, Wooded/Treed
- Lot Size: 21.50
- Property Size: 10 to 49.99 Acres
- Rental Equipment: Propane Tank
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Sewage Disposal: Septic
- Structures: Deck, Patio, Barn, Shed
- Title to Land: Freehold
- Utilities: Cable, Electricity, High Speed Internet, Telephone
- Water Source: Drilled Well
- Garage: Detached, Double
- Kitchen Main Level 20'4" X 5'11"
- Dining Main Level 13'2" X 11'10"
- Living Main Level 13' X 16'9"
- Other Main Level 12'10" X 9'1"
- Sun Room Main Level 11'7" X 8'6"
- Living Main Level 12'3" X 15'9"
- Den Main Level 12'8" X 10'8"
- Recreation Room Main Level 9'11" X 11"
- Bathroom Main Level 8'9" X 8'9"
- Primary Bedroom Main Level 20'10" X 13'6"
- Other 2nd Level 11" X 12'2"
- Bedroom 2nd Level 11'3" X 18'10"
- Other 2nd Level 11'4 X 8'11"
- Bedroom 2nd Level 14'7" X 9'1"
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 6'8" X 11"
- Laundry 2nd Level 13" X 4'4"
Courtesy of: Royal LePage Prince Edward Realty
Data provided by: Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS® 68 Highfield Park Drive, Suite 112, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3A 0E4
All information displayed is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations are made of any kind. Copyright© 2021 All Rights Reserved