Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $1,625,000 property in Massie
Authentic Century farm house built in 1887 in Big Head River Valley perched on 50 acres. A virtually secret place in Ontario that has retained its rural, natural and agricultural character. Scenic drive to the farm; the road stretches uphill and the trees meet in the middle of the road. The house was placed by the original farmer at the high point where the wind works much of the time to provide a pleasant breeze. Genuine country stone house; façade of rare cut stone with a place for your boots by the backdoor. Signs of the original workmanship throughout. High ceilings and original pine plank floors. Floor joists in the basement are pine trees with the bark still on them! Solar panels with excellent income generating and located on the south side of historic bank barn. All heating, air-conditioning, well, pumps, wiring and plumbing were installed by the present owner as part of a total renovation of the farm. Well water with ultra violet sterilization. Excellent wireless internet and cell phone reception. Environmentally sensitive wood heating by European wood stoves when desired. The farm has had zero chemicals on it for at least 30 years. The fields directly across the street are identified as organic. Small private fresh water trout spawning brook and additional pond by the house. A small sea buckthorn orchard and gladiola garden installed in 2020. The rear lot line is immediately next to the Big Head River. Trails have been cut and maintained that provide a 2 kilometer track for walking and snow shoeing. Lovely grounds and grand lawn and split rail fence as you approach the home. Arrangements can be made to trade the hay for winter snow removal with a neighbour or easily can make it your own hobby farm. And perhaps, most importantly, there is a vibrant community life with area events, a local newsletter, a community church and tiny concert hall. So much to offer! (id:27)
- Style: Detached
- Building Type: House
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Basement Development: Partially finished
- Basement Type: Full
- Construction Style - Attachment: Detached
- Exterior Finish: Stone
- Foundation Type: Stone
- Heating Type: Other, Stove
- Cooling Type: Wall unit
- Appliances: Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove, Washer
- OwnershipType: Freehold
- Property Type: Single Family
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Half Bathrooms: 1
- Communication Type: High Speed Internet
- Features: Country residential
- Floor Space (approx): 2166.32
- Landscape Features: Landscaped
- Utility Type: DSL* - Available, Hydro - Available
- Zoning: NEC
- Sewer: Septic System
- Bathroom 2nd Level 5'0'' x 3'7''
- Bedroom 2nd Level 10'4'' x 15'7''
- Bedroom 2nd Level 7'2'' x 15'8''
- Bathroom 2nd Level 7'1'' x 8'10''
- Primary Bedroom 2nd Level 17'8'' x 14'11''
- Other 2nd Level 10'1'' x 12'0''
- Utility Basement Level 14'7'' x 7'6''
- Workshop Basement Level 17'4'' x 13'0''
- Den Basement Level 17'5'' x 16'11''
- Laundry Main Level 7'1'' x 7'5''
- Bathroom Main Level 8'10'' x 8'2''
- Office Main Level 8'10'' x 11'0''
- Sun Room Main Level 9'7'' x 6'3''
- Den Main Level 13'9'' x 14'5''
- Kitchen Main Level 7'4'' x 7'8''
- Kitchen Main Level 17'10'' x 7'3''
- Dining Main Level 17'10'' x 9'2''
- Living Main Level 10'1'' x 19'5''
Courtesy of: Royal LePage RCR Realty
This listing content provided by REALTOR.ca has been licensed by REALTOR® members of The Canadian Real Estate Association.