Home Insurance - TD Insurance
Get a home insurance quote online for this $895,000 property in Lunenburg
Built at the base of "Apple Tree Hill", in a prominent position as one enters Historic Old Town, strong architecture - comprised of multiple bays and gables, a turret and wrap-around verandah - has turned the head of many a passer by since 1893. Located next to the old Lunenburg railway station, this gracious home was the ideal candidate to welcome visitors when it first opened its doors as the Hillside Hotel in 1924. Joe Kennedy, the father of President Kennedy, is said to have sojourned here, and one can only imagine the tales these walls might reveal. Today, "The Lunenburg Inn", is certainly amongst the town's best known, seasoned, country-style Inns. It hosts five rooms, all with ensuite, two full suites and offers its owners separate living accommodation in the lower level, with full walk-out from the side. This affords its owners privacy during peak season and a full house. Off-street parking for its guests and its central site make it a convenient location for its returning guests - a short walk from the pub, shops and inspirational town waterfront. Off the front verandah, a separate vestibule leads to a large front foyer and sweeping staircase. The spacious living-room and dining room feature high ceilings and wide cornices. The kitchen is large and features a gas cook range ideal for preparing breakfast for a crowd. The main floor has a guest suite with its own entry from the verandah. Off the third floor tower is a spacious guest suite with living room and eat-in kitchenette. This "home away from home" is just this, and has been lovingly cared for by respectful custodians. The property comes turn-key, fully appointed and the present owners have offered their services for a short time for the transition after the closing of sale. The current owners have much wisdom to lend in the hospitality trade and the care of a beautiful old home. How many of us lovers of old houses, have dreamed of one day, for just once in our lives, owning a house with a tower?
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 9
- Basement: Full, Partially Developed, Walkout
- Building Style: 2.5 Storey
- Built in: 1893
- Community Features: Golf Course, Park, Playground, Recreation Center, Shopping, Marina
- Driveway/Parking: Parking Spaces(s), Paved
- Exterior Finish: Wood Siding
- Features: Balcony, Ensuite Bath, Secondary Suite
- Floor Space (approx): 4100 Square Feet
- Flooring: Hardwood, Softwood, Vinyl
- Foundation: Concrete, Stone
- Fuel Type: Oil
- Heating/Cooling Type: Baseboard, Hot Water
- Land Features: Landscaped, Sloping/Terraced
- Lot Size: 4726 sq. ft.
- Property Size: Under 0.5 Acres
- Rental Equipment: Propane Tank
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Sewage Disposal: Municipal
- Structures: Deck
- Title to Land: Freehold
- Utilities: Cable, Electricity, High Speed Internet, Telephone
- Water Access/View: View: Other
- Water Source: Municipal
- Garage: None
- Foyer Main Level 3'5x8'+9'x16'
- Living Main Level 15'x18'
- Dining Main Level 13'x15'
- Kitchen Main Level 12'x18'
- Other Main Level 7'x14'5 office
- Bedroom Main Level 12'x13' queen
- Den Main Level 8'x12' ensuite
- Ensuite Bathroom Main Level 5'x9'+4'3x6'
- Foyer 2nd Level 10'x12'5+3'4x12'+5'x7'5
- Bedroom 2nd Level 12'5x15' queen
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 5'x8'+2'4x4'5
- Bedroom 2nd Level 9'5x16' twins
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 6'x10'
- Bedroom 2nd Level 7'6x14'3+5'5x9' queen
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 4'x8'5
- Bedroom 2nd Level 11'x15' doubles-2
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 5'x7'5
- Bedroom 2nd Level 9'5x14'5 queen
- Ensuite Bathroom 2nd Level 7'x8'
- Den 2nd Level 7'x11' deck access
- Storage 2nd Level 2'5x6'9 linens
- Sun Room 3rd Level 10'x10' turret
- Bedroom 3rd Level 10'x15'
- Living 3rd Level 10'x17'+4'x9' ensuite
- Dining 3rd Level 8'x16' kitchenette
- Ensuite Bathroom 3rd Level 8'x14'
- Living Basement Level 9'5x13'
- Dining Basement Level 6'x13'5
- Bathroom Basement Level 6'x9'
- Bedroom Basement Level 12'x14'
Courtesy of: Engel & Volkers (Lunenburg)
Data provided by: Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS® 68 Highfield Park Drive, Suite 112, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3A 0E4
All information displayed is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations are made of any kind. Copyright© 2021 All Rights Reserved
Access to Sold Data on this website may only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of residential real estate.