It was built in 1908, designed by the brothers A. and W. Melville ( they designed most of the old fire stations you see throughout the city). the building was used to show live plays an movies until 1913 when it was sold to close out and estate and to meet mortgage payment. In 1918, the building was renovated into three retail shops on the ground floor. Renamed the Traders building in the 1920s, tenants included the Peoples Book Store, Superior Wholesale Grocers, Maxis Delicatessen and L. Galpern Candy Company. It was again renamed the Progress Building. In the 1950s and a Tip Top Tailors Store opened up, as did Royal Shoes. Presently, the ground floor retail shop are vacancy, dock lock entrance is on the back of the building.It is for sale or lease, the lease rate: $4.99/per sqft net. (id:27)
- Style: Retail
- Construction Status: Complete
- Property Type: Retail
- Lot Size: 6683.00 Square Feet
Courtesy of: Settleway Realty
This listing content provided by REALTOR.ca has been licensed by REALTOR® members of The Canadian Real Estate Association.