Toronto is a city located in Ontario, Canada.
Over half of the housing stock of Toronto consists of single detached homes and large apartment buildings, and the remaining dwellings are mainly small apartment buildings and townhouses. This city has a good selection of housing size options, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. About 60% of the population of this city own their home and renters make up the remainder. Around one quarter of properties in this city were constructed between 1960 and 1980, while the majority of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s.
This city provides property owners with several alternative modes of transportation. Toronto features a fairly good public transit infrastructure due to a multitude of rapid transit stations on the Yonge - University Line, Scarborough Line, Sheppard Line and Bloor - Danforth Line, and over 250 nearby bus lines. Toronto is also well-suited for those who travel by foot; many daily needs are convenient to carry out without having to use a car. Despite the fact that bicycling is more practical in certain pockets than others, Toronto is not particularly bicycling-friendly since riding is made strenuous by the often sloping area, and Toronto has a sometimes poor bicycling infrastructure.
In Toronto, families will typically be able to access daycares and schools on foot. Parents can choose between public and private schools at both the primary and high school level. With respect to food, the closest supermarket in Toronto is generally only a short walk away. Additionally, there is usually a restaurant or cafe in close proximity, for example on Bloor Street. Property owners can find a fair number of clothing stores within walking distance.
The character of Toronto is exemplified by its relaxed ambience. There is a fair amount of greenery in this city as there are numerous tree-lined streets. It is very easy to reach green spaces in the city, since there are over 2100 of them close by for residents to relax in and most homes have a park a short walk away. This city is quiet overall, as the streets are usually reasonably tranquil - however some parts can be quite noisy, especially close to one of the railway lines, one of the 3 airports (YTZ, YYZ, YZD), Dan Leckie Way or Don Valley Parkway.
Royal LePage has complete real estate listings across Canada. Use the search box to find a home or click a listing below to view Canadian homes for sale.
- new listing$6,000,0002438 Bayview AveToronto, ON
- new listing$5,290,0001041 Birchmount RdToronto, ON
- new listing$3,395,00099 Balmoral AveToronto, ON
- new listing$2,999,9001 Maynard AveToronto, ON
- Open House$1,988,000226 Connaught AveToronto, ON
- new listing$1,849,90012 Westwynd CrtToronto, ON
- new listing$1,788,8006 Fargo AveToronto, ON
- new listing$1,685,00084 Lynnhaven RdToronto, ON
- new listing$1,650,000#1010 -170 Avenue RdToronto, ON
- new listing$1,299,000#312 -89 Skymark DrToronto, ON
- new listing$1,299,00048 Grassington CresToronto, ON
- new listing$1,199,998144 Meighen Ave NToronto, ON
- new listing$1,199,00024 Manitoba StToronto, ON
- new listing$1,100,000#2306 -11 Charlotte StToronto, ON
- new listing$1,090,00084 Weir CresToronto, ON
- new listing$1,049,90030 Breadner DrToronto, ON
- new listing$999,000126 Bathgate DrToronto, ON
- new listing$998,000#619 -28 William Carson CresToronto, ON
- new listing$989,90017 Dunsdale SqToronto, ON
- new listing$949,90091 Jolly WayToronto, ON