Breslau is a community located within the township of Woolwich, part of the Waterloo Regional Municipality in Ontario Canada. Separated from the city of Kitchener by the Grand River, Breslau is named after the former German city of Breslau, now WrocÅ‚aw, capital of Poland's Lower Silesia.It is located at the junction of Highway 7 and Waterloo Regional Road 17. This routing, although recently bypassed, is the main route between Kitchener and the nearby Region of Waterloo International Airport, located south of the settled area. It is also close to the city of Guelph.Breslau was established in 1850 when Joseph Erb built a dam, a sawmill and a grist mill. The village was named after Breslau, the capital of Silesia, Germany. The history of the area, however, dates farther back to the 1820s when members of the Cressman Mennonite Church began congregating in the homes of the early settlers. in 1834, the first meeting house was built in Waterloo County. The building itself was built in 1813 by Benjamin Eby and was moved to Breslau for the congregation. In 1856, a brick building replaced the log structure and was moved to a location that later became part of the brickyear. In 1908, a larger church was built using bricks from the old church and in 1968, a new front entrance, pastor's study, and several Sunday School rooms were added. The name then changed to the Breslau Mennonite Church.