Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger

Nanaimo

Nanaimo is a city located within British Columbia, Canada.

Housing

In Nanaimo, roughly 55% of dwellings are single detached homes, and the rest are mainly small apartment buildings and duplexes. This city is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Around 70% of the dwellings in the city are occupied by homeowners while renters occupy the remainder. Roughly 30% of homes in this city were built in the 1960s and 1970s, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.

Transportation

Cars are an excellent means of transportation in Nanaimo. It is very convenient to find a place to park, and it is a rather short drive to the nearest highway, such as Nanaimo Parkway, from any home in Nanaimo. In contrast, public transit riders may experience few choices in Nanaimo due to the infrequent service. Nonetheless, there are about 20 bus lines passing through the city, and bus stops are not very far away from most houses. It is challenging for pedestrians to move around in Nanaimo as meeting daily needs is impractical by walking.

Services

It is convenient to reach the closest supermarket on foot in Nanaimo. There are over 50 grocery stores in this city, and the best choice can be found on streets like Commercial Street. A small number of restaurants and cafes are available as well. With regards to education, primary schools are convenient to reach on foot from any location in Nanaimo. On the other hand, families may find it difficult to reach high schools as a pedestrian. Families are served by public and private schools at both the primary and secondary school level.

Character

Nanaimo offers a calm ambience and will appeal to those who enjoy spending time outdoors. The majority of locations within the city have good access to parks, like Linley Valley Cottle Lake Park and West Marsh Park, since reaching one is easy from most homes for sale. There are over 300 green spaces nearby for residents to enjoy, like Morrell Nature Sanctuary and Beban Park. This city is quiet overall, as there are low levels of noise from traffic - however some parts can be quite loud, especially close to Nanaimo Parkway or the railway line.

Advertising
Map Image
Streetview Image

Get directions to this location from:

Search Homes for Sale in Neighbourhoods in and around Nanaimo